Saturday, June 6, 2009

wallflower

i'm so sick of being pushed to the wayside. sick of not being noticed. i don't know if it's a pride thing or what but if i do a good job at work, or clean up nicely, or hit the right note, whatever, i just ask for a simple thank you. 
or good job.
or that's awesome.
but tonight what do i get?

silence.

sometimes i wonder if there's a reason i'm overlooked. it's kind of frustrating really.

it's like, how much harder can i try?
how much more can i do?
do you even care?
would you notice if i just slipped into the background?

yup. i guess that's what i might as well do.

but the life of a wallflower sounds like such a bland life.

4 comments:

  1. I care. Where the hell have you been??? I went to comment on your facebook the other day and I couldn't find it. Did you delete it?

    You could never be wallflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care, and lots. You are not someone that slips into the background, in the contrary, you really stand out. You my dear are unforgettable in more ways than one. Don't believe the lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this. I love you. You are fabulous and have a light that shines from you. I care about you immensely even though I don't see you as much as I used to.

    The people who care about you (and there are people who care about you) will never make you feel like a wallflower. No one else really matters.

    ReplyDelete